Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it better to buy skin creams at stores/Sephora/over the counter, or from dermatologists/plastic surgeon?

If you're into beauty/appearance, and want to purchase the best treatments for your skin, would your best bet be going to a store like Sephora, where you can buy creams, although very pricey, ranging from $20-30 to about $600, OR is your best bet getting it through a dermatologist, or a plastic surgeon?





I'd think that if you can get prescriptions of some creams/ointments, and h ave insurance, you can get them at a much better price than paying full price for over the counter cosmetics.





Also, will the ones from derms and plastic surgeons be more effective and potent?





Thanks.Is it better to buy skin creams at stores/Sephora/over the counter, or from dermatologists/plastic surgeon?
Dermatologist-they specialize in skin care.


You would get to meet someone that would actually look at your skin type and can prescribe a strong but safe product for you:)Is it better to buy skin creams at stores/Sephora/over the counter, or from dermatologists/plastic surgeon?
not necessarily true that those you buy from derms or plastic surgeons may be more potent and effective. I tend to buy from my derm cuz I know I would trust him better and he knows exactly the content of his recommendation. Yea, true that those OTC stuff are usually more expensive tho. The insurance cos. here don't cover any ';cosmetic'; treatments at all.
The doctors are just going to sell you type and a big price tag. I am a 61 year old male and I am told I look like I am in m 40s. For thirty years, I wash my face twice a day with a mild liquid soap and rinse it with cold water. Twice a day I put on a really good over the counter moisturizer and that is all.
No. Some of the most famous dermatologist say the best products come from drugstores. Try Aveeno or Neutogena products. Don't waste your money on all that expensive crap.
it doesn't matter, it's all the same
Trial and error, that's all you can do at this point to see what works for you. My preferred skin care brand is Philosophy (which originally started out in dermatologists offices). It's easy to locate, and I get all my stuff from QVC--especially when they have full size kits available you can't get anywhere else--that's a bargain!
stores and I buy the cheap good smelling kind.
If you know exactly what you want then Sephora is okay. But if you need help determining your skin condition and needs than a dermatologist is the way to go. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment