Saturday, December 26, 2009

What are some effective over-the-counter acne creams that you can buy?

I have already used proactive solution and that didn't work.What are some effective over-the-counter acne creams that you can buy?
Unfortunately there is no one great cream that will work for everyone. A big factor is what type of acne you have, as in pus filled raised pimples, blackheads, bumps with no heads etc. The pus filled ones and the underneath the skin bumps will need an antibiotic cream/tablet from the doctor because they are infected. The blackheads/whiteheads can be a bit tricky but worth trying a cream. Creams can have side effects like drying but this depends on the person. They won't make the acne worse though so can be worth a try. If Benzyl peroxide didn't work (that's the active ingredient in Proactiv) and you used it for at least three months then it's time to try either a Salicylic acid formula (some Clearasil products have this) or an Alpha hydroxy acid formula such as Avene, Eulecent or a Glycolic Acid formula such as Neostrata. These are all Pharmacy products not a supermarket so head off to a chemist to find them. Really though, the most important partner to acne creams is a gentle skin cleanser that you can use twice a day to wash off the oil, sweat and skin cells that gather and clog the pores causing acne. The wash should be soap free, oil free, perfume free and gentle not sudsing and drying and used with the acne cream is the best chance of winning against the acne!What are some effective over-the-counter acne creams that you can buy?
Proactive has helped me, and it didn't make my skin dry, irritated...the ads are true, although it is a little expensive, bot worth it!
I use Neutrogena Body Wash for my face and my back. I used to break out a lot when I was pregnant. But I still use it to keep my skin clear even though I had my son 16 months ago! Personally I don't think acne creams help your acne any. They just clog up your poors even more. Don't use anything with Benzile Peroxide in it...this tends to irritate your skin more and will only cause your acne to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment