Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it safe to use Over The Counter yeast infection creams or pills if you have a Mirena IUD?

I had a Mirena IUD inserted 9 days ago and today I feel like I am getting a yeast infection. I was wondering if it is safe for me to use the at home kits or will I move my IUD. I don't want to use the pill if it will hurt me. I am scared to use anything cause so far I am having a good experience with my IUD. Should I talk to the doctor and get some oral meds?Is it safe to use Over The Counter yeast infection creams or pills if you have a Mirena IUD?
yes its perfectly safe to use pessarys to treat yeast infections,also use the cream. Sometimes after having the mirena in during sex ure partner may feel the threads left by the doctor,these can be shortened, but using tampons or meds wont interfere with it. If you r going to get an oral med like diflucan have a chat with ure doc to put ure mind at rest. Oh by the way using slendertone is a big no no with the mirena as the electrical current does affect it. Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment